technological countries such as Japan, Hong Kong, UAE and India, for the manufacture of cars and ship engines, radiators and other parts.
Quote: Recycling is an industry that adds Value to the Gross Domestic Product of a country and is always welcomed by any country that wants to create wealth and generate employment (such as Nigeria).Waste recycling here in Nigeria, its an untapped business that if you decide to go into today you are sure of making your cool money. The fun of it is that you might even decide to start now without you having necessary capital at hand and still be making your money from the business.But in this article I’ll be introducing to you polythene (Nylon) recycling and how to make money from it.
Waste Polythene (nylon) and specific examples
All what you need to go into this business is information even just as you need a job, business opportunity or ideas, and here is one, if you are hard working you will need little or no money to start this business. Information is the backbone of any idea or better information still information is said to be the mother of all ideas because without information there may be likely no idea.
What are waste polythene and specific examples?
How to Earn from Recycling Waste Polythene
Must read: How to Enter international Market
- Establish your business. You may want to run it as a sole proprietor, a family co-ownership, a Limited Liability Company or a partnership. Get a business license and permit. With any small business, it is important to get a permit in order to operate your recycling business.
- Choose the recyclable materials to process. You can open a recycling center for all recyclable materials, but you may want to start with recyclable polytene first especially if you are just starting out and have very limited capital. Then gradually you should be able to expand to recycle bottles cans, scrap metals, tires and other recyclable materials.
- Get certified. Depending on your state’s regulations, you may need to register curbside collection programs, drop-off or collection programs. It is required to get certification for operators to be able to buy or sell labeled containers.
- Find a location that you will use as your processing facility. If you do not plan of doing the recycling yourself, you can just find a where you can let people drop off their recyclable materials that you will then take later to the main recycling centers. This location can be a small stall or warehouse located close to supermarkets and other commercial locations that will allow you to operate a recycling business. You may also open up one in your neighbourhood, but check with your homeowner’s or local government association to determine if they will allow you to use your home as a processing facility.
- Buy or lease equipment to use. You would need a weighing scale, trucks, huge bins (one for each type of recyclable materials) and office equipment to help you run your business.
- Research the competition. If your city has plenty of recycling centers, you may want to research the type of processing they are running. You will be more profitable or be able to compete if you offer to accept a wide array of recyclable materials as opposed to concentrate only on one type. People would like to be able to go to just one location, sort of a one-step to save time and fuel when transporting the recyclable materials.
- Find sources of recyclable materials. Advertise your business by giving handouts or utilizing bill boards and local newspaper ads.
- Anticipate paying certain fees and taxes such as: business license fees, business tax certificate, federal income tax, state income tax. Check with your payroll taxes. Check with your state or local government for specific requirements.
- Research the amount of recyclable materials that go into your landfill. You may be able to get some information valuable for to see how feasible it is to run a recycling business.
- Connect with bigger recycling centers and establish partnerships with them if possible. They may need representatives in certain locations so find out if this is an option for you.
- It is unlawful to rig or alter your weighing scale in a manner that you would pay less.